Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Original Copy Centre is committed to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment. We conform to all current environmental legislation and we endeavour to find new ways to reduce our energy usage and waste.
Waste and recycling
- All our papers are FSC® or PEFC™ certified, which means that they are sourced from sustainable forests, and most have an element of recycled wood or fibre.
- 100% Recycled papers can be ordered in upon request.
- Any good quality blank paper collected from the end of print runs is cut, recycled in-house, and resold as scrap pads.
- 90% of our waste is paper and cardboard, and is collected every week for recycling.
- Other waste such as PET plastics, aluminium cans, and glass are separated and recycled.
- Wooden pallets are collected every week by our paper merchants.
- Scrap metal is given free of charge to local scrap metal merchants
- Digital proofing is used where possible, to keep the number of printed proofs down to a minimum.
- Our energy output in constantly monitored and all non-essential machines are used as and when needed.
- Our lighting systems use energy-efficient bulbs.
- All of our digital printers have a ‘power save’ function to prevent any excess energy being used.
- All of our machines are digital, and use no water or solvents which may pollute the water supply.
- We have a programme of replacing older machinery and equipment with modern, environmentally friendly processes where possible, to minimise the impact on the environment.
- All suppliers we use are required to have excellent ethical and environmental policies. For instance, our couriers reduce carbon-dioxide emissions by using bio-diesel where possible.
- Some of our staff live locally so are able to walk or cycle to work. Other members of staff use a car-share scheme.
Health and Safety
Original Copy Centre has a good policy of providing a healthy and safe environment in which to work in. We have an excellent training programme, as well as all the appropriate accident records and risk assessment procedures. A full health, safety and environmental audit is carried out each year.